Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do i have to take my contacts out to use Erythromycin Bausch & Lomb eye cream?

i have to use it 3-4 times a day.


but i also wear contacts.


would i have to take my contacts out to use it?


my doctor prescribed it to me.


i already checked the box %26amp; directions and there is no information for contacts users.


i really dont want to take my contacts out 5 times a day just to use that cream.


before i call the doctor or pharmacy i wanted to see if there was any information on here.


Thanks alot.


:)Do i have to take my contacts out to use Erythromycin Bausch %26amp; Lomb eye cream?
Well, you would not be able to use your contacts and shouldn't. If you are treating an infection you should be out of your contacts until you are healed. The Cream is goign to gunk up your contacts and you will not be able to see. I think that they might feel it is a common sense issue here. Most people have glasses that they wear when there is an injury or infection and they know that when there is a health issue that takes treatment like this that contacts are the first thing that you should have removed form the equation. The other thing is that most of the medications that you take like this have a preservative that will ruin your contacts becuase they stick to them like velcro and do not usually rinse off. The preservative then sits next to your cornea and causes irritation. So. My first reaction would be to leave your contacts out until you are off the meds and have the clearance from your doctor to go back to wearing them. You should always have glasses tath you can see well out of and that you feel comfortable and confident in. ALWAYS! I hope you get better info than me, but I bet I am right. Have a good long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment